Sunday, December 31, 2006

excuses, excuses.

Since I haven't written much at all in any of my journals in the past few weeks, I think I'll update you guys on the month of December. I started working at Blockbuster a few weeks ago. I really love my job, and my co-workers are really great, too. My second day there, this guy started flirting with me. He was kind of goofy and had lovely eyes. Meru decided to get her bellybutton pierced, and since he's into piercings and tattoos and stuff, I invited him along. We all had a bunch of fun, and he was really great.

So we started dating, I guess. But then last Wednesday I was cleaning my room a bit and my phone rang. He was calling to tell me he didn't want a serious relationship. I was little confused because we'd been dating for a little more than seven days, so I wasn't sure when we discussed this serious relationship business. I was pretty pissed the hell off, though. That night I hung out with my cousins (who are fantastically wonderful and I love them a lot omg) to get my mind off of this random occurence. By the time I had to go to work the next day, I was much more calm about the whole situation. He was getting off at 5 and I was working 5-12, so there was a 10 minute window where I would be put into his presence.

I walk into work, smile at everyone, grab the office keys from Krystal, and head to the back to put my stuff up. He then started running after me and said something like, "I got some traumatic news last night." And in a slightly uninterested tone I said, "Oh, what's that?" And he says, "I found out I'm going to be a dad."

Words cannot explain how much of a WTF moment that was. In about 10 seconds I forgave him and acknowledged that he had given me the only excuse that would've worked in this situation. Good luck to him with all that, since I am so not into helping with a baby. I haven't actually talked to him lately since I haven't worked with him since then, but whatever.

I'm actually fairly proud of myself for not freaking out and shutting down and crawling into bed as soon as that happened. A year ago I probably would've stopped working at Blockbuster because of that, but it's so pointless now. I mean, it's not like I fell in love with him or anything. He did have really great tattoos, though. Sad.

No comments: