Thursday, January 10, 2008

Work and School

Bookstore at LSUS

House Hunters on HGTV last night had the story of a young woman who was getting ready to buy her first place. She was looking for a condo in the city where she had gotten her first job. During the course of the show it was revealed she was thirty years old and this would be the first paycheck she'd ever earned.

Granted, she was a medical doctor but this makes me rethink how much we're expecting of folks with bipolar disorder. If a "normal" person made it all the way through school and was never required to work, why do we demand a bipolar person get a job? Are we pushing them to be our definition of normal? Are we expecting too much?

Katee starts at LSUS this semester after completing a couple of semesters at BPCC. BPCC is also where she got her GED. The GED program there with Becky Turberville is awesome. All the work is done on computers and she loved that. (Kathryn)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to show my

thanks to this writer just for bailing me

out of this matter. Just after

researching through the search

engines and obtaining suggestions that were

not helpful, I believed my entire life was gone.[url=http://www.sac-longchamp-pascher-fr.com]sac longchamp pliage[/url] ,Existing without

the answers to

the difficulties you have resolved as a result of this short article

is a crucial case, as well as the kind

which could have negatively damaged my career if I had not discovered your web blog. The training and

kindness in [url=http://www.sac-longchamp-pascher-fr.com]sac longchamp[/url] playing with [url=http://www.sac-longchamp-pascher-fr.com]sac longchamp[/url] a lot of things was invaluable. I'm not sure what I

would have done if I hadn't come upon such a thing like this. It's possible to at

this time look forward to my future. Thanks for your time very much for this

skilled and

effective guide. I will

not think twice to

suggest your web page to anyone who

requires counselling on this issue.