Friday, June 23, 2006

Charlie's Good Burgers





Although there is nothing new about the turkey burger, I have a way of making them that my family just loves.

I start with Honeysuckle white meat ground turkey. I then season them a pound at a time. This way the seasoning is consistent. Turkey has a much more delicate flavor than beef so I stay away from the Cajun seasonings as they are too strong and spicy. My favorite is Lawry's seasoned salt. Sprinkle it generously, add a little black pepper and a good sprinkling of garlic powder.

Mix well and form into 4 patties. Place on a microwave safe platter 2 at a time. Put a hole in the middle of each burger -- this makes them cook evenly from the inside out. You may be asking why the microwave? Turkey is low in fat and tends to stick when you fry or bar-b-que them. Believe me the microwave leaves them juicy and tender. Microwave 2 for about 4 minutes or until juices run clear. Let cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy.

Charlie

No comments: