Thursday, June 29, 2006

Evil Pill Good Pill


The evil pill is on the left side. It is a yellow square of Alprazolam XR (generic for Xanax XR). A one month supply costs $145. Yes, this is with Medicare insurance because those plans don't cover the good meds for anxiety. That comes to $1740 a year. A lovely vacation this pill will cost us.

... uh... what's that, Charlie? It's not working? You'd like to try the Klonopin they had you on in the hospital? I love you my husband and would do anything for you but damn it you have a whole bottle of this stuff...now you wanna buy something different? Damn it.

...
Go ahead and call the doctor.

... No. I do not want to know how much this new one is... I just woke up please let me drink my tall glass of water before you tell me. Look the crepe myrtle is starting to bloom.

... Stop lying. $6.06 for a whole month's supply? I love this little pink tablet.

No comments: