Thursday, December 07, 2006

shine on.

So today might have been the best day ever.

A few days ago I put in an application at Blockbuster. Then about 24 hours later, the manager called and asked me to come in for an interview today at 3 pm. So at about 1:45, when I was trying to dry my hair and watching Friends, someone knocked on the door. It was my friend Lydia and a mutual friend Sam. We talked for a little bit, and Lydia let me in on a piece of interesting information.

Apparently, Mike's [ex boyfriend] roommate kicked him out because of Mike was being himself. As in, the world's biggest asshole. They got into an argument of some sort, and the roommate said something to piss Mike off. So the roommate goes up to Mike and attempts to smooth things over and was like, "Hey man, are we cool?" Because, you know, they were roommates and that's an uncomfortable situation. But Mike, who is unable to just let shit go, brought up what the roommate said in what I can imagine as a nasty, bratty tone of voice, and the roommate handed Mike his rent check and told him to get the hell out. So now he's back living with his mom.

Also, I think he lost his job at Exxon. You know, sometimes when I think about that boy it just makes me sad. I'm not really sure why he's so angry. Maybe he's bipolar and manic all the time. I don't know. I just know that when we were together I saw past all of his faults and I know he can be a wonderful person, but he can be so mean and uncaring.

Anyway, so that news kind of amused me. They left and I went off to my interview. And I use the term interview loosely because I talk to the manager for like 10 minutes. Our conversation went something like this:

Manager: Now, you don't seem to have much work experience.
Me: No, but I did a lot of volunteer work for a horseback riding place for kids with special needs.
Manager: Hmm. Did you ever do fund raisers or anything involving sales for them? Because we're a pretty small branch and have to do a lot of sales stuff to stay in business.
Me: Well, not really, but I'm very experienced in selling Girl Scout cookies.
Manager: [laughs] That's sales. Okay well, I like what I've heard, so why don't you come in on Saturday at about 2 and fill out some paperwork and we'll do a little training.
Me: . . .Okay!
Manager: Oh yeah, and khakis.
Me: What? [I thought he said "Kathy" and was not sure if he'd called me that by accident because this happens often]
Manager: You'll need a pair of khakis.
Me: OH! That's fine!

And that is the story of how I got a job at Blockbuster in the span of about 10 minutes. I'm also fairly cute and bouncy so that might've had something to do with it. I went home and climbed into bed because it is so very, very cold outside, and I called Sara back (she'd called during the interview) and will maybe possibly be doing something with her tomorrow night. Then Meru called to see how the interview went and we squealed quite a bit for a few minutes until she her break was over.

Man, I totally live for days like this. (Katee)

[Edit: Sara called while I was in the interview, but it didn't actually ring. Just in case people are concerned about these things. I know when to turn my phone on silent.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm taking a cell phone to a job interview? Not the best thing one can do.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

You know, it never gets less amusing to hear bad news about people who have done you wrong. I'd like to think I'm more mature than that, but... well, no, I'm not. Cheers to you!

Sarah said...

cool for job at blockbuster, do you get free rentals?

hey whats your major? i keep forgetting to ask!!

have another good one!

Crazy In Shreveport said...

Anonymous - It didn't actually ring. I had the phone on silent during the interview.

Doughnutjane - Hahahaha. I like to think I'm more mature, too, but I'm not, lol. I think that if he doesn't want bad things to happen, he should attempt to be a decent human being. :P

Sarah - Yeeeeah, I totally get free rentals. It's pretty awesome. And my major is psychology. :)

- Katee