Saturday, November 18, 2006

Deck the Ice


Big party last night at artspace. It was the opening show for Deck the Halls. Some of my bottle trees and photos were selected to be in the show.

All of us (Charlie, Katee and myself) attended but in separate cars. Katee and Meru flitted through the exhibit and then skedaddled to see Happy Feet. Charlie remained only a tad longer. I almost stayed til the end taking pictures of artists and their art.

On the way back I drove by Shreveport's Festival Plaza so I could see how the prep was going on the outdoor ice rink. I caught the Zamboni in action resurfacing the ice. It opens today and will be open non stop for the next 50 days.

3 comments:

JaneDoughnut said...

There are so many cool art shows this weekend. And I get paid on Monday. Boo. I hope you got a great reception at artspace!

Anonymous said...

i would have been happy to loan you a few bucks to get you through the weekend. :) I know how that is to be so close to payday and so close to something you want to attend.

rs

JaneDoughnut said...

That is too sweet. But hopefully I'll make it to the West Edge this Friday.