Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Total Meltdown

We did okay for the 11 days I was off for vacation but then on Tuesday afternoon there was a big meltdown explosion.

Katee and Charlie were headed to the DMV to get her learner's permit (I know, I know most kids get their licenses when they are 16 or 17 but she's had some major anxiety problems). She comes back in to find her birth certificate -- she needs it now! Okay I know I've got it I just have to find it.

I tell her she has a state issued ID she won't need the document. She doesn't listen. Big fight. Ugly noises. Neighbor passes by and hears (I cringe, I'm still cringing). Charlie comes in. Fight gets bigger. We're all yelling. I'm spewing liquid B-12 everywhere. I find the certificate. Finally we calm down. She doesn't want to go because she's upset. He's upset because he's waited all day for her. Someone gets the bright idea that it's election day and maybe the place is closed. We check the DMV website. It's closed.

Soooo.

Instead we go to the poll to vote and then stand in the cosmetics aisle of the drug store to find a hot pink nail polish that will match Katee's car so Charlie can do some touch up on flaking areas. I wish someone would touch up my flaky bits.

No comments: