Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Getting Your Hair Did

Katee's got new hair! Make that new color. She went from black and orange to a nice rich red color.

Over at KKBJ I posted about using a national pharmacy for getting meds. Then I started feeling guilty cause I normally try to go to locally owned places.

Well, you can't get more local than Brothers Hair Design. It's in our Highland neighborhood and was the official hair salon for the Miss Teen USA Pageant for 1998 and 1999.

While I didn't get my hair did, I did take advantage of their mirrors and noted my home hair cut job wasn't too shabby.

"Pretty good," I said.

"Oh for God's sake, at least break down and go to the beauty college and get a five dollar hair cut," Katee said as she flipped her new do this way and that.

What and waste six dollars (I do tip) when the Gold Dome Book Sale is this weekend? Nope.

2 comments:

Diamond said...

Hi I am Diamond. the young lady whose father has schizophrenia. you left a message on the post. Well i left a recent post.Isolation 101. I am in the process of publishing my first poetic collection. My dad is getting worse and i have to keep myself up. I am in school and trying to do great with my poetry, writings. I am wondering if you are aware of all of the bipolar resourses there are. I am going to send you some today.

www.bipolarhappens.com

www.depressionhappens.com

www.bipolarworld.net

www.bipolarpoetry.com

www.bipolarparenting.com

International Society for BiPolar Disorders www.isbd.org

Depression and BiPolar Support Alliance www.dbsalliance.org

Beyond BiPolar-www.psychjourney.com

Will I Go Crazy?
http:www.willigocrazy.com

BiPolar Focus
www.moodswing.org

BiPolarsurvivor.com

any more questions or comments or just want to talk.. i am at bombshellblonde48@yahoo.com
and i have a blog i keep at
www.bodaciousbipolarbrain.blogspot.com...i live alone and have been keeping my own bipolar together without my family and friends. I was eighteen and in school and now i am forty eight and still dealing with it alone...never missed a month of rent but it gets difficult but i am in therapy and see my dr often..check out my blog which needs to be updated today...

i will be back to visit your blog and please hang in there...not easy but we don't have a choice...

Crazy In Shreveport said...

Diamond
Thanks for reading our blog. Your resources look interesting.
Kathryn