Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Pagans in South Highlands

My new addiction is night walking. I do it on my nights off. Load up Eko, our black cocker-poo mix goofy dog, and head to the side street of The First Baptist Church of Shreveport.

I snap the automatic dog leash onto Eko's collar and we're walking the streets of South Highland making observations: Most of those people don't turn on their porch lights. And a good number of them live in the back of their houses because they don't put up curtains in the front and leave all the lights on so I can see the fashionable colors slicking their walls.

Earlier this week the sky was fairly bright because the full moon is tonight. Two streets over from the big church I ran into a group of young adults standing in their front yards. I think "Yeah, it's pagans celebrating the full moon." Turns out to be they're waiting for the realtor to show them the house next door because it's for sale. Oh well, I should have surmised South Highlands wasn't paganland because there were too many Jerry Jones for Mayor signs. However I did note there was a Liz Swaine sign planted at a house directly across from the Baptist Church.

No comments: