Sunday, September 10, 2006

Gold Dome Book Sale




You didn't think I was gonna let the Gold Dome Book Sale on the campus of Centenary College come and go and not post an entry about it, did you?

I waited in line Friday night to shuffle in with everyone else and bought $53 worth of used books. My problem of how to tote two big bags back to my van was solved when Josh raced up in his golf cart. This nice young man took my parcels and swung them into the back while I plopped onto the seat next to him. Josh plays baseball for the Centenary Gents and was part of all the great volunteers who make the sale such a success every year.

I'm only sad that I didn't get back over there on Saturday. Oh well, I've already got the 2007 sale marked out on my calendar.

2 comments:

Hilly's Husband said...

Charlie needs one of those golf carts! That way he can drive around the Flea Markets and Yard Sales like he does at Kroger!! :-)

Anonymous said...

his name is Jason! just fyi!