Thursday, October 05, 2006

Stress Tea


When I was a little kid and would go out to eat with my grandmother I'd get all excited because I got to order a Sprite. Bubbles! We had Pepsi at our house but that was for mom.

I thought my grandmother was crazy because most of the time she would order water. So not cool or tasty. I'd look across the table at Howard Johnson's and think I'm never going to eat out and order just WATER. Many years later I now find myself ordering water most of the time.

There's new study from the University College London that suggests drinking regular black tea may speed up recovery from the daily stresses in life. That's good news. I've had so much green tea in the last couple of months that I'm burned out. I'm trying the regular tea. Drinking it without sweetner, sugar or milk. I'm suffering from pucker tongue. I hope I get used to it soon because right now I'm sipping and cringing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so when am i invited over for a nice glass of tea?

rs

Crazy In Shreveport said...

Anytime. Seriously, though I'm thinking about taking my first vacation at the end of October. You can hang out Halloween while we hand out candy to the neighborhood kids.

Crazy In Shreveport said...

I GOT MY VACATION!!! COME DRINK TEA OR BEER OR SOME SKYY VODKA WITH ME... (I need the blue bottles for my bottle tree...)