Tuesday, October 03, 2006

We Have WATER...


... and a new dishwasher and a new faucet and a big mouthed daughter...

After going weeks (really days but it seemed more prolonged) while Charlie installed the dishwasher and put in a new faucet we finally have plenty of running H2O.

I only had to make half a trip to the laundromat to wash my white work shirts, although since they're polyester I could have beaten them clean in the yard with a rock. After spending $2.50 on the wash Charlie drove up to say the water was back on and why not dry my pretty things at home and save that ten dollar bill I was holding.

The WATER ON situation didn't last long. In the midst of our celebratory dance under the ta-tas of the naked mermaid mural in the kitchen, Katee mentioned how I hated the new faucet since it was so low milk jugs couldn't be properly rinsed and why wasn't there a sprayer? I could have throttled her.

The next day he came home with a new one. And the next day, my day off, he wanted to install it. Since I had been reading The Zombie Survival Guide I knew the bare minimum I needed to do was fill the bathtub so the toilet could be flushed. As I dropped the drain plug and opened the taps, with big, droopy eyes Charlie looked at me and said, "You have no faith in me."

I shouldn't have doubted him. Hours later we had another new faucet complete with sprayer and running water.

3 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

Woohooo!!
It must be so nice!

Crazy In Shreveport said...

Sometimes it's the little things.

Mz.Elle said...

Yeppers!
I remember how thrilled I was to have water after living without it for over a week,our pipes froze and we were melting SNOW in the mean time,lol