Saturday, August 19, 2006

How Great is My Life?

I got to play with my writer/author friends today. It's been a couple of months since I've made the monthly meeting of NOLA Stars (North Louisiana Storytellers and Authors of Romance). We meet on the third Saturday of the month at El Chico's on Greenwood Road in Shreveport.

Candace "Candy" Havens drove over from the Dallas/Fort Worth area to present a workshop on writing a first draft of a book in two weeks. Good stuff! You can check out her blog and website at www.candacehavens.com (why lookee there, I just figured out how to link...). Her second book is coming out in a couple of weeks. It's called Charmed and Ready.

I'm inspired to try her method since I've only been writing nonfiction stuff recently. I'm ready to try writing another mystery or maybe some other type novel set in the South. Of course this means I have to clean up my work area and throw some papers away. Crap.

No comments: