Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lithium Fiend

Nobody is on lithium around here but we drink like we are. Katee stopped cold turkey in January (this is not recommended and her action deserves a blog entry all on its own but I digress...) and Charlie just stopped taking a Depakote and lithium cocktail in May (his violent hand tremors have finally gone away).


Our favorite Summer 2006 beverages:


Charlie- Coffee (Folger's Columbian)

Katee- Diet Coke, Diet Lipton Citrus Green Tea, bottled water (Dasani, Aquafina, Ozarka)

Me- Water from the fridge door with lots of ice, homemade wine coolers, lemonade

We have also been known to down Mountain Dew, orange soda, strawberry soda, Dr. Pepper, and microwave brewed iced tea. We try to stay away from Sam's soda from Wal-Mart because that drink makes you burp as soon as you put the can to your lips.

Our favorite refreshment this year has to be Diet Lipton Citrus Green Tea. It runs about $6 for a 12 pack of 16.9 oz bottles and finding the diet version is damned near impossible in this town. However I do have a secret source that gets me the stuff for $2 a 6 pack but they are usually out of the diet. I know, I know we drink entirely too much stuff with sweetener and carbonation. I'm trying to get them to cut down.

My overall favorite liquid is the milk I get from the cafe at work. It's free and I get the big 16 oz cup and pull the lever down and the white stuff froths to the top. Tasty!





No comments: