Sunday, August 06, 2006

Living the Author's Life




Will Clarke came to Bossier for a book signing last month. That same Sunday his two books were reviewed in the Sunday New York Times. Hot Damn! Excellent for a couple of tomes that started out self-published and have now been picked up by Simon & Schuster.

I may have to take back everything I've ever said about self-publishing. (Beat Beat Beat) Umm, no. Because there's way too much around SB of self publishing of not ready to be published stuff. If folks would just join a good critique group and work on their writing until it was ready for publication then I could put away my soap blog. And yet... here I am self-publishing on a regular basis via this blog.

I didn't buy his books. I plan on it. But it was the Sunday before pay day and with our medication costs eating up my disposable income (wow there's a term from the 80s) I'll have to wait until after I get Katee's college books.

I did stalk him and take some pictures and I did splurge for The New York Times that day. $5.00 for a newspaper. I'm holding onto it. I can't bare the thought of throwing it away. Will's review has had a place of honor in the magazine rack in the bathroom. Check out the boy's blog -- www.booktourvirgin.blogs.com. It's interesting. And makes me think his books are probably good reads.

One final note. The New York Times called him a Texan. That pisses me off. Yes, he lives in Dallas but he was born in Shreveport.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an extra copy of "The Worthy" I will drop off soon. We are sent lots of books each month to take home and read. (No Reading At Work)Go Figure.

Hope your day is going well.

Lil' Rickey

Crazy In Shreveport said...

You so sweet. Maybe you need someone to read all those books and do book reviews for ya.