Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Blackberry Wine Cooler


Just checked the Shreveport KSLA Channel 12 website. The temp is 98. Heat index is 101. Katee's thinking about shaving her head. I'm wearing a wife beater. Charlie sneaks around in his underwear if we let him. Yes, we have air conditioning but we're keeping it at 80 so the bill will stay around $300 a month.

I need something stronger than lemonade. Maybe a homemade wine cooler. My new recipe uses Mogen David Blackberry wine and Albertson's diet Lemon-Lime Duo. Get out the last remaining green glass from the cabinet. Add crushed ice from the refrigerator door. Pour in the soda. Unscrew the lid and splash in the wine. Stir. Sip. Turn on the AC. Sit under the ceiling fan. Flip on the the Wexford oscillating stick fan. Aaaahhhh.


2 comments:

Crazy In Shreveport said...

I agree. I think rain would also make those loud screechy summer bugs easier to listen to. I know I would be in a better frickin mood if I was coated in moisture.

Anonymous said...

You Know That Is Mad Dogg Wine?? MD 20/20 in a fancy bottle!!