Sunday, July 02, 2006

ummmm.

So, I watched The Shawshank Redemption on Friday night and thoroughly enjoyed it. When I really like movies or when I'm really bored, I'll go on imdb.com and look up the movie for trivia and whatnot.

Here's an interesting tidbit: The American Humane Association monitored the filming of scenes involving Brooks' crow. During the scene where he fed it a maggot, the AHA objected on the grounds that it was cruel to the maggot, and required that they use a maggot that had died from natural causes. One was found, and the scene was filmed.

What the shit? No, seriously. A crow is going to eat a maggot whether or not it died of natural causes because that is what crows do. They eat their food and don't worry about it because they're not a bunch of hypocritical assholes. IT'S A MAGGOT. All it's going to do is wiggle around and be food for birds. Besides, how long and fulfilling could a maggot's life possibly be? Would they like us to make a memorial for the maggot?

Maybe I'm insensitive, but whatever. I just think that's more than a little stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m not sure but Maggots are very productive members. Did you know they eat only dead tissue and leave living tissue alone I have to admire the little bugger.. They have a better work ethic than a lot of people I know. Oh and they make for good bird food.