Friday, July 14, 2006

louisiana summer.


I'm wearing shorts.

I don't ever wear shorts.

This is how I know it's too damn hot outside. My hair, which was short in October, has grown to about two inches past my shoulder, and my bangs have grown out and have decided they like getting in the way of things. I never realized how irritating long hair is in the summer until now. I keep it up and out of the way. My fan is always on and I am always in a tank top.

It's too hot to do anything. I'm finding that I have to force myself to get up and do things. It's all well and good when it's 7 am and only 80 degrees, but at 5 pm when it's 100 degrees, I can't say that I can get myself psyched enough to go partying.

Partying sucks anyway. I had fun tonight, despite the fact that I did not choose to indulge in the wonders of alcohol, or perhaps ecstasy. Whatever kids these days fancy.

Shit. I need to stop being so old.

Arggh. It's too hot to be acting my age!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about yall tonight as I was riding in my boat down the red river. I was thinking Self? wonder what the clan is up to tonight?

I cant wait till dinner Monday night!

What cut of meat do you fancy?


Rick

Anonymous said...

and why is it we always ride DOWN the river? why not UP the river?

Crazy In Shreveport said...

Cut of meat? I have no idea. Mum will call you tomorrow and I suppose y'all will work things out and such.

Also, I suppose it's because we say, "It's just down the street/road/highway/etc"

Maybe "down" is more fun to say than "up". Possibly humans are naturally cynical, since "up" pertains to happiness, while "down" is depressing.

Or I could be babbling. :D!

- Katee

Anonymous said...

Will ya'll quit talking about your meat!! Or Tony King will come beat it for ya!!

Anonymous said...

Mon nom est roi Élégant et je bats ma viande chaque jour ! !

Kelly K said...

Found your blog by hitting the next blog button. Glad you got the Blazer back.

Maybe "down" is due to human laziness. It is easier to walk down a hill than up.