Thursday, July 06, 2006

stolen car pt 2

So this is my [Katee's] experience with the stolen car.

I took my Ambien at about 1 am (I'd stay up all night every night, if I could get away with it) and passed out at around 1:30. I woke up this morning at 10ish. Somehow, in between these times, someone had managed to steal our car, my parents freaked out, and I was blissfully unconsious the entire time.

When I woke up, I stumbled into the bathroom, found my way to the kitchen and grabbed a diet Coke, and started toward the front door to go for my morning smoke. While passing through the TV room, my dad said, "Hey, guess what?" I jumped because I didn't know he was awake and said, "What?" I thought maybe Mama had an insanely high toke rate (tips) at work last night. And he says, "Someone stole the Blazer."

Blink. Blink. Blink. Seriously?

I was not so much surprised to hear that a car got stolen (this isn't the classiest neighborhood, even if our block is nice). I was surprised to hear that someone actually took the time to steal a 1988 Chevy frickin' Blazer. This car had nothing to offer. The one redeeming feature was the radio, but it's not like that was anything to get worked up about. The factory speakers didn't even work anymore; there's a huge, shitty speaker in the backseat that barely works. It doesn't even have AC or heat. And it's almost 20 years old. It had, like, some ungodly amount of milage on it. I think around 190,000. I was just shocked because that's probably the shittiest car on this block, and they actually stole it?

If and when they catch the person/people who stole it, I'm gonna give him/her/them a severe ass kicking. Not because they stole the car, but because they are, quite possibly, the worst car theives in the entire world. Shitty that they didn't steal the truck, though. Its breaks don't work unless you're driving like, 10 mph. And you know they'd be flying down the steet doing 80, go to slam on the breaks, and crash the damn thing. Then we'd get a new car and that'd be one less shithead walking on this planet. Okay, maybe not so much with the dying part, but they would've got knocked around and blown up real good. The truck's a standard, though, so it's no wonder they didn't steal it.

I just can't believe that I slept through that whole thing. I could probably sleep through a tornado, though. Those sleeping pills are goooood. Well, what the hell do I care, right? I've got every good movie ever on DVD and a desktop wallpaper featuring Joaquin Phoenix lookin' fine. And I'm going to see Pirates of the Carribbean 2 on Sunday. It's been reported that Johnny Depp has made Jack Sparrow even more fey than in the first one.

Speaking of beautiful men, where are the hot guys in Shreveport? For real, y'all, it's slim pickins. They're either gay or nonexistant. This doesn't help me. :(

1 comment:

C. E. Chaffin said...

18-year-old SUV? The thieves were stupid and desperate or desperately stupid or most likely young punks out for a joy ride. The resale and chop shop value must be little. An addict would lift a more expensive car, in general.

You write well, bipolar daughter.

I, too, have a 26-yr-old Bipolar I daughter. But I wouldn't want her living with me. She's a high school science teacher. Becaue I'm a doctor and I knew the risks, we identified the disease when she was 17. She got through UCLA in four years with a little help from me, and is independent and in a relationship. But I'm always waiting for the shoe to drop, when I have to go pick up her pieces.

Thanks, Mom, for stopping by my site.

CE