Monday, July 31, 2006

July 2006 at Crazy In ... A Train Wreck

"It's like a train wreck..." An old friend who discovered our blog says he doesn't know why we are doing it but he can't get enough of it. "I can't look away. It's like a train wreck."

And here we are a month and a half into this year long commitment and we are still blogging away.

In July we expressed ourselves on the subjects of maggots, movies, HPV vaccine, Mrs. Beasley, fireworks, cold fried chicken, a stolen car, Skye the Min Pin, Christmas decorations up in July, summer heat, school loans, Scientology and the GED test. Goals for August include making use of the audio blog and getting Charlie to blog more.

*About the picture of the train. It's a postcard I (Kathryn) inherited from Grandmother Whitener. She was born Kathryn McClure. She was called Kate.

4 comments:

Wendy C. said...

First of all - thanks for stopping by my "mamalogue"

I am just a couple of posts into your site and I am really getting a kick out of your stories :-)
My best girl friend is bipolar - no one has ever inspired me - or broken my heart - the way she can. She just seems to see life in brilliant colours that the rest of us miss...

take care

Anonymous said...

I cant agree more Wendy.

I'm the guy that said "train wreck" Maybe that was a poor choice of words. I love this lady and her famly very much. Have known her for years. Just now getting to know Katie and Charlie too.
Its one great family.

Rick
www.myspace.com/radioace

Crazy In Shreveport said...

Wendy C. -- Thank you for stopping by. I'm busy reading your "mamalogue" -- interesting stuff.

anonymous/Rick -- You silly. I loved the "train wreck" choice of words. The family thought it was a great compliment. By the by -- we didn't go to Watertown Monday. For some reason the place was closed. We were very sad.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I noticed I didnt get a call about the time to meet. I could hardly wait to see you in a bikini!

Maybe we will take my boat to the lake sometime this summer. Tubeing, sking or something.

I will be installing a new transmitter for KLSA. that will keep me busy for a while this month.