Wednesday, July 12, 2006

charlie's story of the recovery.


I never expected to get my little Blazer back. You can't imagine my surprise when two days later it was recovered by the police. We met the police at the spot where they found it. I was very disgusted when the key wouldn't start it. The crooks had busted the steering column and I didn't know how to start it. A young man from the neighborhood offered to pull us home but unfortunately he did not have a heavy enough chain.

We finally decided to call a wrecker. It took about an hour for the wrecker to get there. By that time we were all exhausted. We decided that I would take my daughter home in the van so I could move the truck so the Blazer could park where it usually does. We couldn't have it towed to a shop because we were low on money. Fixing would have to wait for another day.

Kathryn was gonna ride home with her mother who had come out for this big family event. You can imagine my surprise when I saw my wife drive up in the Blazer. It turns out that the wrecker guy showed her how to start and turn off the car and didn't charge us a cent for a tow. Well, we were sure unlucky to have our car stolen but very lucky to get it back and to get it home for free.

Charlie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cop looks like Dana Carvey. isnt' that special!

Glad to read you got your truck back Charlie

Rick Shelton