Thursday, July 06, 2006

Stolen Car

I had a pretty good night at work on the sit down blackjack table. That spot is okay once every couple of months. It was $5 so I worked the entire time. On the way home I decided I'd raid the freezer to see if there were any Klondike bars left. Then I planned on looking up sprinkle hoses vs. soaker hoses since I went to Sears Wednesday and discovered they were both around $10. I wanted to research which one would be best for my gardening purposes.

I take Clyde Fant home on Wednesdays 'cause there's too much club traffic when I get off work. So I take the river road and avoid the whole mess. When I pulled onto my street I noticed our new (1988/new to us) Chevy Blazer was missing.

It's the middle of night, where can Charlie be?
I start to panic. The doctor called in more bipolar meds for him Wednesday. In addition to the Clonazepam, Wellbutrin, Equetro, Mirapex, and Ambien Cr, he is now ingesting Effexor and Seroquel. So I imagine him weaving the streets of Highland, gently tapping the peeling trunks of crepe myrtles and letting thier petals shower down on the Chevy's hood.

I worked up a good froth of panic by the time I got inside and threw down my lunch bag. Then I saw him bundled up on the couch. I swallowed and poked him "Charlie, where's the Blazer ?"

"Huh, what?" He stumbled to the bathroom and slipped shorts on. "Aww, I was sleeping so good."

"So the new medicine is working?"

"Yeah, it was."

I'm happy the medicine is finally allowing him to get a good night's sleep but then I'm mad at him for sleeping heavy and missing the roar of the noisy pipes that must have sounded when the thieves drove off with the Blazer.

1 comment:

Crazy In Shreveport said...

Okay. I have high hopes. Things that get taken from this family have a silly way of finding thier way back home...